How often should you change your bed?
Experts agree that you should look a changing your mattress at least every 6-8 years, possibly 10 for a firm or well cared for mattress.
One of the biggest factors in getting a good night’s sleep is the comfort of your mattress and sleep, or lack of, can have a significant impact on your physical and mental health.
As a general rule replace your bed or mattress if:
- It is more than 8 years old
- It has become saggy or misshapen
- It makes more noise than usual
- You can feel the springs and they are uncomfortable
- You notice an increase in allergies or asthma
- You get a better night’s sleep in a hotel room, at a friends or even on the sofa!